What we do:
Vermont Beer Shepherd and Beer Shepherd Imports are independent, family-owned distribution and import companies based in Waterbury, Vermont. We are committed to ensuring safe passage of top quality craft beer to our consumers for enjoyment and the best beer experience possible. We are uniquely capable of providing a service that large distributors are not designed to do.
- “We Take Care Of The Beer” – we keep it fresh, giving the utmost attention to proper placement and handling so that craft beer lovers experience the beer just as the brewer intends. Right places, right quantity, right time.
- We protect the brand – to keep it relevant and sought after through careful rotation of what’s available. We keep our floc of brands small so each brand is care for and promoted in a way that big distributors can not.
- Full Service – we take care of everything needed to ensure safe passage: licensing, reports, taxes, freight planning and cooperage. This way the brewer can focus less on paperwork and more on making great beer!
Beer Shepherd Imports: One Team, Two Service Options
Multi-State Access: We facilitate distribution to a growing number of states through our companion company, Beer Shepherd Imports, and in partnership with carefully selected, like-minded distribution partners. There distributors tap into our unique floc of brands and utilize our facilitation services to move beer between states. They provide the same kind of care and attention that we do.
Beer Shepherd Imports holds a Certificate of Authority to move beer between states. Our growing list of states and distribution partners include:
- Maine – Vacationland Distributing
- Massachusetts & Rhode Island – Atlantic Beverage Distributing
- Michigan – Henry Fox Distributing
- New York – Rhino Distributing
We act as a “facilitator” by taking care of the many requirements including:
- Sate Certificate of Authority
- Gallonage reports and taxes
- Freight coordination
- Cooperage service if desired
As one customer said, ” We just shrink wrap it and get it on the truck!”
In much the same way, we work with some of the best beer locations in Europe to provide the same Beer Shepherd service internationally. Europe is a fast growing market for great craft beer. Forward thinking brewers are now establishing their brands on the European Continent.
“By Far the easiest distribution deal we’ve ever done. The Sheps are so easy to work with!”
“They didn’t ask us to commit to a contract – that said a lot to me.”
“The Shepherds gave great advice on where, when, and how to place our beer in Vermont and across the Northeast. Now we let them manager our plan for all of the Northeast.”
“Their distribution partner network multiplied our reach with just one relationship.”